Develop a plan
Then put it down in writing and make a commitment to give it your best attempt next week. Remember physical activity produces a host of great health benefits. You have been provided a fabulous opportunity to begin experiencing these benefits for yourself.
“Movement is a medicine for creating change in the person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.” – Carol Welch
Trying to squeeze activity into each and every day may seem daunting but with a bit of planning on your part it is possible. And the effort is well worth it!
When pinched for time consider how you might insert some physical activity into your everyday activities.
• Park in the corner furthest from the entrance to your workplace, grocery store, or shopping center and enjoy the extra walking time to arrive at your destination.
• Take a 10-minute walk during a break at work.
• Walk the neighbor’s dog if you don’t have one of your own.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
• Turn off the television or computer after dinner and go for a bike ride.
• Walk to the mailbox, grocery store, or movie theater instead of driving, if possible.
“Happiness lies, first of all, in health.” -George William Curtis.