Reminder: Survey Time!!!!
Every instructor who has at least one participant complete our Survey Monkey survey gets $5.00 Con-Ed Cash dollars. All instructors who do this also go in to a drawing for $25.00 gas card! (4 winners) Surveys are now -Nov 20th.
Every participant who completes our survey and provides us with contact info will be entered to win a Personal Training package worth $300!
- SD link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GJRDR33
- SRSRC Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XDL7KBR
- OCLA Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GCPNTXR
Who had on their Super Hero Cape in October?
- Heidi Smith served 10 Fit-X Fitness locations and did some personal training.
- Sarah Starling Served 10 Fit-X Fitness locations.
- Both were huge helps with subbing. Thank you.
Look what residents at The Grande North has to say about Deanna Gwilt:
"Deanna, I am sure I speak for all of our residents in Thanking You for the informative instructions for our new gym equipment. It certainly was time well spent. Thank You again for sharing your knowledge and expertise." - Donna and Richard Zizian
We have 13 reviews so far at The Village on MindBody- all with 5 hearts!
- Sara Andres, Stephanie Ellis and Almira Sharifi have all received 5 heart revues. Check out a visuals of some of their review to the right. So cool! Can’t wait to have this option at most locations soon!!
Bypassing common fitness mistakes article continue….Rookie Mistake: You Fight the Music
You like it loud, and everyone loves how you always play the latest hits even if there’s some explicit content. We’re all adults, right? You can keep the beat without a problem, but sometimes transitions are awkward, and you end up doing a ton of counting to keep reps consistent on each side.
Music is the driving force of group fitness. The right playlist can get extra work out of the most tired student, and the wrong one can empty a room. It’s impossible to please everyone, but it’s also important not to alienate anyone. Blast your hardcore lyrics in the car on the way to the gym, but when you stand in front of class and push “play,” keep it to songs that won’t make your mother blush.
Once you have the right mix, use it to your advantage. If you find the 8-count, your transition and counting problems will be solved. Every 32 counts, there is a break where the music shifts. The beat becomes heavier, the chorus starts, or the bridge kicks in and something changes. Break each 32-count phrase into four 8-count sets. Once you’ve learned how to hear these counts, they can help you keep track of your workout. Save a big transition until the beginning of the next 32-count phrase and it will switch as smoothly as a jigsaw piece clicking into place. Use the 8-count to keep track of reps and you can spend your time cuing form rather than counting down reps.
An important note: As motivational as super-loud music can be, hearing loss is a real problem for instructors. We are exposed to music for many more hours than our members. If your students are asking you to turn it down, imagine what your inner ear would say to you if you listened? You may be 23 now, but you will still want to be able to rock out when you are 53. Find the volume level that motivates you without damaging your hearing.
Fit-X November Anniversaries
- George Hood 11/2013
- Dana Mitchell 11/2012
- Rhonda Norton 11/2012
- Janis Stevens 11/2008
- Peggy Wiley 11/2014
- Matthew Ritter 11/2014
Xcellent Events and Fit-X 4 Good
- If you have any tennis shoes you are looking to donate drop them off at Fit-X Corporate Office from November 16 through December 15th. We will donate them to Nike Reuse, a Shoe http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/better-world/reuse-a-shoe
San Diego Food Drive, check out more info on what items are needed at http://sandiegofoodbank.org/food-drives/host-a-food-drive/
- Susan G. Komen 3 day walk countdown -- 8 days to go!
- Krista has now logged 140.5 miles to date! On Saturday she walked from Oceanside to Solana Beach!!!! Boy was that a long long long long walk!! Sunday she walked from Liberty Station through Old Town, Mission Hills, Hillcrest (starbucks stop), Balboa park and ended on the Embarcadero.
- You can still donate if you would like; www.the3day.org/goto/kristaladner
Where is Fit-X this week:
Horseback Riding with The Village and Del Rio.
Volunteering at the San Diego Coast Guard base.